Anyone have any thoughts on TikTok’s approach to monetisation of it app? or Have you even thought about it as a #marketing channel?
This is a opportunity you get for being a late entrant into the market… allowing you to accelerated using the learning’s of your competitors and see what works best for your audience and brand in their respective market.
TikTok is testing linking influencer videos with direct response ad formats, allowing influencers to add a CTA button to their videos. Ad revenue will be split between the influencer and the platform.
Some super cool stats* taken from this article from Digiday.
– TikTok app was downloaded 100 million times worldwide between Mar. 20 through Apr. 28.
– 11 million of those downloads were in the U.S.
– TikTok was the second top free app in both the iOS and Google Play stores in the U.S. on Apr. 28, behind Zoom,
– TikTok has an estimated 328 million monthly active users.
* data estimates via Apptopia Inc.